Friday, April 08, 2011

The end of the ski season in Ste Foy

Over the last days I have skied in most of the local areas and they are in surprisingly good condition, considering how warm (make that hot) it has been here over the last days and weeks.

The heat is starting to bite now though in the lower sections and I heard today that Ste Foy is closing about 10 days early, thats next Friday 15th of April.

The higher resorts, Tignes, top of Les Arcs and the higher bits of Val d'Isere are still skiing well and reports from people who have been ski touring are saying that so long it has been freezing at night then the morning skiing on transformed snow is very good.

I am looking forward to heading back to Scotland and I once back in Edinburgh I am heading north to go sea kayaking for a few days, hoping for decent weather so that we can get out to the Summer Isles near Ullapool. I have tried to get there before but the wind was in the wrong direction so we ended up exploring some of the sea lochs nearby.

I plan to hang out in the NW and try to get up a hill or two and also get the fishing rod out. The lochs of he area are wonderful and if you are prepared to walk for only a short distance you rarely see anyone.


Rum and Eigg on a previous kayak trip
Bring it on!!!

No comments: